Numchuk Quad Herbicide
Numchuk Quad Herbicide is for the knockdown and residual control of annual, perennial and broadleaf weeds on fencelines, roadsides, railway lines and commercial and industrial areas. Numchuk Quad Herbicide is a non-selective knockdown and residual herbicide featuring Quad Control Herbicide Technology to provide effective post and preemergence weed control for up to 12 months
Numchuk Quad Herbicide is a suspension concentrate formulation containing four (4) active constituents which kill a range of standing weeds and emerging seedlings. Affected plants are discoloured, and often growth is distorted. The product is absorbed through foliage and translocated throughout plants and the residual components are absorbed through the roots.
The application should give 8-12 months of effective residual weed control. Duration and effectiveness of control depend on the amount of chemical applied, soil type, rainfall, weed species and other conditions. Sufficient rainfall (20 to 30 mm either as rainfall or irrigation) to wet the soil through the weed root zone is necessary within 2-3 weeks of application to make the product effective. A delay in rainfall beyond three (3) weeks may result in weeds germinating from the depth and surviving. Heavy rainfall on light soils may cause movement of the herbicide out of the weed seed zone, resulting in reduced weed control.
Where can Numchuk Quad Herbicide be applied to control most annual, perennial and broadleaf weeds;
- Railway Lines
- Commercial Areas
- Industrial Areas
- Building Lines
- Rights Of Way
- Powerlines And Substations
- Public Utilities
Why choose Numchuk Quad Herbicide;
- It contains Quad Control Technology, meaning multiple modes of action, which reduces potential weed resistance issues.
- Group C, M, Q & G Herbicide.
- Very effective on hard to kills weeds like Fleabane and Giant Rats Tail.
- Substantial labour saving for weed management on road and rail situations.
- Provides knockdown and residual control – reducing the need for additional tank mixes.
- It has strong activity on grasses and broadleaf weeds.
- Provides long-term residual control – up to 12 months or greater.
- It can be used via handgun or boom application.
- Safe to established trees and ornamentals, as long as spray drift doesn’t occur.
What is Numchuk Quad Herbicide Mode of Action;
Numchuk Quad Herbicide contains four (4) different herbicides from Groups C, M, Q & G.
- Glyphosate, one of the active ingredients in Numchuk Quad Herbicide, controls weeds by inhibiting the activity of the EPSP enzyme (5-enolpyruvylshikimic acid-3-phosphate synthase), which is necessary for the formation of the aromatic amino acids within the plant.
- Amitrole’s mode of action isn’t well understood, but it is believed to be an inhibitor of several important enzymes. One of which is lycopene cyclase which is involved in carotenoid production. Carotenoids are essential components of photosynthesis, playing an important role in preventing photo-oxidative damage.
- Oxyfluorfen targets a specific enzyme, protoporphyrinogen oxidase (PPO), in the chlorophyll pathway. Inhibiting PPO in plants leads to an accumulation of phototoxic chlorophyll precursors, which rapidly disrupt cell membrane integrity in the presence of light.
- The mode of action for Terbuthylazine appears to be due to a herbicide-produced deficiency in the growth regulator photosynthtate, caused by inhibition of photosynthesis.
Pack Sizes: 1L & 20L
Registrant: Farmalinx Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 81009)