Flexolt Oral Lice Treatment For Sheep
Active Ingredient: Fluralaner @ 10g/L
Flexolt Oral Lice Treatment For Sheep is an orally administered lice treatment for sheep with any length of wool. Flexolt controls isoxazoline-susceptible lice (Bovicola ovis), including strains resistant to synthetic pyrethroids and insect growth regulators, on sheep and lambs with any length of wool.
Why choose Flexolt Oral Lice Treatment For Sheep;
- It contains Fluralaner, a novel active ingredient with no known resistance in sheep lice populations.
- An oral lice treatment for sheep and lambs.
- Treats lice in any length of wool.
- Allows flexible lice control timing.
- A low-volume oral treatment.
- Lambs can be treated at foot to ensure a complete program for the flock.
- Unaffected by rainfall (as oral lice control is not affected by rain, so rain events don’t dictate treatment timing).
- Sheep can be treated without cold weather exposure, common with dipping and jetting.
- Treatment is not affected by poor shearing, which can impact external applications.
- New sheep to the property can be treated off the truck regardless of wool length.
- All sheep on the property can be treated simultaneously, regardless of differing wool lengths.
- High Safety Margin (5x the maximum dose rate is well tolerated).
- Safe for use in breeding rams and pregnant ewes (see precautions).
- Safe in lambs from 6kg in body weight.
Flexolt Oral Lice Treatment For Sheep contains Fluralaner, which works systemically via oral administration. Fluralaner is a molecule from the isoxazoline family of chemicals and is a novel compound that has been shown to be highly efficacious against sheep body lice (Bovicola ovis). It works systemically to kill lice in sheep and lambs, no matter the length of wool.
Fluralaner enters the bloodstream and targets lice at the skin surface. Lice feeding at the skin layer both ingest and contact the active ingredient delivering fast-acting lice control. As a novel class of active ingredient for sheep lice control, there is no known resistance in sheep lice populations.
Flexolt was shown to be effective on a wide range of sheep across a large number of studies, including off-shears sheep, shorn sheep up to 7 days off-shears, unshorn lambs, sheep with short and long wool, and off-shears and long wool ewes with lambs at foot. Flexolt Oral Lice Treatment For Sheep is safe at 5x the maximum recommended dose rate (15 mg fluralaner per kg body weight) and safe for the treatment of young lambs as small as 6kg body weight. Lice control is not affected by rainfall before or after treatment.
Flexolt Oral Lice Treatment For Sheep lets farmers choose treatment times that work best for their property, helping manage labour challenges and environmental considerations.
Common alternative treatment times include;
- Shearing Time – pre-shearing or off shears.
- Pre-lambing – ensure no lambs are at foot by treating them before birth.
- Crutching, Pre-Joining or Classing – whenever it suits the individual operation.
Pack Sizes: 5-Litre & 20-Litre
- For a limited time, each 20L Flexolt Oral Lice Treatment will receive 1 x 15mL Oral Applicator + Blue Stockmark Crayon (Blue)
Registrant: Intervet Australia Pty Limited (APVMA #: 91565)