Spurt Off-Shears Pour-On Sheep Lice Control
Active Ingredient: Cypermethrin @ 25g/L
Spurt Off-Shears Pour-On controls pyrethroid-susceptible strains of body lice on off-sheers sheep and lambs. Spurt is a pour-on formulation for topical use containing 25g/L cypermethrin, a synthetic pyrethroid insecticide and a scourable dye. Spurt can be applied to shorn sheep up to 24 hours off shears, and control is achieved in 5-6 weeks.
What pests does Spurt Off-Shears Pour-On control in Sheep and Lambs;
- Control of biting lice (Bovicola ovis) in sheep off-shears
Tips for using Spurt Off-Shears Pour-On:
- Spurt Pour-On is applied undiluted.
- It must not be stored in any container other than the original, including overnight. Do not leave Spurt Off-Shears Pour-On containers uncovered or in direct sunlight.
- It is critical that sheep be cleanly shorn without residual clumps or tufts of wool, and Spurt must be applied less than 24 hours after shearing to ensure effectiveness.
- Correct application is critical, and it should not be applied as a single spot or to wet sheep.
- Light to moderate rainfall soon after application should not reduce efficacy.
- A clean muster and single shearing with immediate correct treatment of every animal is ideal for effectively controlling lice.
- Lambs at foot cannot be treated, and therefore it is recommended that ewes due to lamb within 6 weeks or ewes with lambs at foot should not be treated with Spurt Off-Shears Pour-On.
- If a split shearing is inevitable, it is critical that treated and untreated sheep be kept separate.
- The repeated use of any synthetic pyrethroid is likely to result in the emergence of resistance in sheep lice.
- It is therefore recommended to regularly alternate dips treatments.
- Resistance to synthetic pyrethroids is present in some populations of sheep lice, and treatment failures may be due to resistant lice being present.
- Milking Sheep: Do not use in sheep producing milk for human consumption
Spurt Off-Shears Pour-On contains Cypermethrin. Cypermethrin is a pyrethroid insecticide, a synthetic chemical similar to the pyrethrins in pyrethrum extract (which comes from the chrysanthemum plant). Pyrethroids, including cypermethrin, were designed to be effective longer than pyrethrins. Cypermethrin kills insects that eat or come into contact with it. Cypermethrin works by quickly affecting the insect’s central nervous system.
Pack Sizes: 1-Litre, 5-Litre & 20-Litre
Registrant: WSD Agribusiness Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 39065)