Echelon Duo Advanced Herbicide, Insecticide & Fertiliser
- Oxadiazon @ 10g/kg
- Thiamethoxam @ 1g/kg
- Fertiliser: N(15), P(1), K(17) + TE
Echelon Duo Advanced Herbicide, Insecticide & Fertiliser is a convenient ready-to-use formulation for controlling certain annual grass weeds and insect pests in turf with the added benefit of providing a fertiliser treatment.
Echelon Duo Advanced Herbicide, Insecticide & Fertiliser features a unique combination of herbicide, insecticide and fertiliser technology for effective pre-emergent control of Summergrass (Digitaria ciliaris), Crowsfoot (Eleusine indica), Wintergrass (Poa annua) and Creeping Oxalis (Oxalis corniculata) and residual insecticide for control of African Black Beetle (Heteronychus arator), Argentinian Scarab (Cyclocephala signaticollis) and Billbug (Sphenophorus brunnipennis) in most turfgrass situations.
Echelon Duo Advanced contains 10g/kg Oxadiazon, 1g/kg Thiamethoxam and is coated on a 300SGN (3mm) dust-free, homogenous granular fertiliser for uniform nutrient distribution resulting in sustained turf growth for a 4-8 week period.
Guaranteed Fertiliser Analysis
- Nitrogen (N) – 15.00%
- 8% as ammonical nitrogen
- 7% as nitrate nitrogen
- Phosphorus (P) – 1.31%
- 1.04% Phosphate as water-soluble.
- Potassium (K) – 16.6%
- 16.6% Potassium Sulphate (SOP).
- Trace Elements:
- Magnesium (Mg) – 1.8% as water-soluble.
- Sulphur (S) – 10.0% Sulphur as water-soluble.
- Boron (B) – 0.02%
- Iron (Fe) – 0.06%
- Zinc (Zn) – 0.01%
What weeds does Echelon Duo Advanced target in turf (pre-emergent control);
- Summergrass (Digitaria ciliaris)
- Crowsfoot (Eleusine indica)
- Wintergrass (Poa annua)
- Creeping Oxalis (Oxalis corniculata)
What insect pests does Echelon Duo Advanced target in turf (residual control)
- African Black Beetle (Heteronychus arator)
- Argentinian Scarab (Cyclocephala signaticollis)
- Billbug (Sphenophorus brunnipennis)
Why choose Echelon Duo Advanced
- An all-in-one solution. Pre-emergent herbicide, residual insecticide and turf fertiliser in one pass. Saves application time and associated costs.
- Season-long prevention for a range of weeds and insects. Protection up to 90 days.
- The pre-emergent herbicide, Oxadiazon, is a shoot-absorbed pre-emergent herbicide, having the least amount of impact on the root system.
- The residual insecticide Thiamethoxam provides improved bioavailability in the soil at lower soil moisture levels – ensuring better movement and coverage and quicker performance over several other residual products.
- Convenient and easy to apply through granular fertiliser spreaders.
- Safer to handle and apply due to the low active ingredient concentrations.
- Promotes a healthy turf response which increases competition from weeds and recovery from insect attacks.
What turf species can Echelon Duo Advanced be used on;
- Kikuyu (Pennisetum clandestinum)
- Buffalo Grass (Stenotaphrum secundatum)
- Common Couch Grass (Cynodon dactylon, C. transvaalensis) (Not Santa Ana)
- Tif Hybrid Couch Grass
- Saltwater couch (Paspalum vaginatum)
- Queensland Blue Couch (Digitaria didactyla)
- Bahia grass (Paspalum notatum)
- Zoysia grass (Zoysia matrella)
Nb – Do not apply on turf containing Carpet Grass (Axonopus spp.), Centipede Grass (Eremochloa ophiuroides), Santa Ana Couch ( C.dactylon x C.transvaalensis) and Dichondra unless some damage is acceptable.
Echelon Duo Advanced contains Oxadiazon and Thiamethoxam;
- Oxadiazon is a pre-emergent herbicide.
- Offers excellent residual performance on key turf weeds in all turf situations.
- Oxadiazon has a unique mode of action (Group G) involving shoot absorption rather than root uptake.
- It interrupts chlorophyll production (a key component of photosynthesis) in the susceptible weed, destroying the new leaves of weed seedlings germinating in the treated soil.
- As chlorophyll is only in plant leaves, oxadiazon herbicide cannot impact the root system of the desirable turf species.
- Thiamethoxam is a systemic insecticide.
- Thiamethoxam is readily taken up by the foliage and roots and further distributed acropetally (upwards in the plant).
- Target insects can be controlled by contact action in the soil or via stomach action by ingesting the active ingredient when feeding on the treated plant material.
- Thiamethoxam works by blocking nicotinic acetylcholine receptors, preventing acetylcholine from transmitting impulses between nerves, resulting in the target insect’s paralysis and eventual death.
- The target insect stops feeding quickly upon ingestion, limiting further plant attack.
Pack Sizes: 5kg & 20kg
Echelon Duo Advanced Registrant: Farmalinx Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 89264)