Monopoly Herbicide (MSMA)
Active Ingredient: MSMA – Monosodium Methyl Arsenate @ 720g/L
Similar or Comparable to: Daconate (Nufarm) & Militate (Axichem)
Monopoly Herbicide (MSMA) is a post-emergent herbicide containing 720g/L of the active ingredient MSMA. It is registered for the selective control of Crabgrass, Summergrass and Paspalum in turfgrass situations and controls a range of problem grasses and burrs in non-crop situations.
Monosodium Methyl Arsenate (MSMA) is an arsenic-based herbicide. It is an organo-arsenate; less toxic than the inorganic form of arsenates. However, all forms of arsenic are a serious risk to human health.
Where can Monopoly Herbicide (MSMA) be used;
- Turf – Turf Couch and hybrids of couch only (Cynodon spp.)
- Sugar Cane
- Non-Crop areas, roadsides, fence lines & storage areas
- Control of Prickly Pear.
Nb – Do not use on Bent, QLD Blue Couch, Fescue, Blue Grass, Kikuyu or Dichondra as damage may result.
What weeds is Monopoly Herbicide (MSMA) registered to control;
|Barnyard Or Water Grass||Johnson Grass|
|Bathurst Burr||Noogoora Burr|
|Caltrop Or Yellow Vine (Bindii / Bindi eye)||Nutgrass|
|Common Prickly Pear||Perennial Pigweed|
|Crabgrass||Smooth Tree Or Drooping Prickly Pear|
|Devil’s Rope Or Chain Link Cactus||Spiny Burrgrass Or Gentle Annie|
|Green Summer Grass||Summer Grass|
|Indian Fig||Vasey Grass|
|Itch Grass||Wheel Cactus|
Why Choose Monopoly Herbicide (MSMA);
- Contains the Active Ingredient MSMA (Monosodium Methyl Arsenate)
- Fast-acting herbicide – Symptoms of weed control are generally evident within 7 days of application.
- The formulation contains an In-built surfactant to assist in weed control.
- Cost-Effective form of grass weed control.
- Good tank-mix flexibility.
- Available in 10L pack sizes for ease of handling.
- drumMuster Compliant, meaning ease of disposal.
Monopoly Herbicide (MSMA) mode of Action:
- MSMA is a foliar absorbed herbicide. It accumulates in root and leaf tips, where it rapidly kills leaf and stem tissue.
- MSMA has multiple sites of action within the plant (Group Z herbicide), however it is thought to impact on weed growth by interfering with ATP production (energy storage) and cell division (growth process).
- MSMA is typically more effective on grass weeds than broadleaf weeds. MSMA is generally rainfast within 3 hours of application and has partially systemic properties which allow it to move through the plant.
- Susceptible weeds generally turn yellow to brown 3-7 days after MSMA application.
Monopoly Herbicide (MSMA) Pack Size: 10-Litre
Registrant: Amgrow Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 66365)