Farnam Mecworma and Tape Allwormer Paste for Horses
Active Ingredients: Abamectin @ 4.0mg/g & Morantel Tartrate @ 167.0mg/g
Similar or comparable to Ammo Allwormer Paste For Horses (Ceva) & Moramectin Allwormer Paste For Horses (Ceva)
Farnam Mecworma and Tape Allwormer Paste for Horses is a highly effective broad-spectrum anthelmintic achieving up to 100% worm kill (including benzimidazole-resistant strains).
Farnam Mecworma and Tape Allwormer is an excellent addition to any horse worm program to treat and control tapeworms whilst being an effective broad-spectrum wormer. Mecworma & Tape is formulated to control tapeworms and a broad range of other internal worms, plus bots and summer sores in horses of all ages, whether growing, breeding or in training.
Farnam Mecworma and Tape Allwormer utilises a combination of two horse wormers from different classes, abamectin (macrocyclic lactone) and morantel tartrate (tetrahydropyrimidine). Abamectin and Morantel Tartrate are both broad-spectrum anthelmintics that allow for combined treatment and control of both large and small strongyles, tapeworm, cutaneous onchocerciasis and nematodes including Habronema and Draschia spp. which cause skin lesions (summer sores).
Mecworma & Tape contains abamectin, the only natural form of the macrocyclic lactone group of anthelmintics. Macrocyclic lactone compounds have revolutionised the control of parasites in animals and are generally regarded as the most effective, least toxic and non-carcinogenic parasiticides yet developed. The paste is easy to administer under a wide range of conditions, with a smooth, sticky consistency that is well-accepted. Mecworma & Tape has a wide safety margin at the recommended dose level when administered to foals, pregnant mares, and aged or debilitated horses.
Farnam Mecworma and Tape Allwormer controls the following parasites in horses & ponies:
- Tapeworm: Anoplocephila perfoliata
- Large Strongyles: Strongylus vulgaris (adult and arterial larval stages), Strongylus edentatus (adult and tissue stages), Strongylus equinus (adult) and Triodontophorus spp. (adult).
- Small Strongyles: Including benzimidazole resistant strains (adult and immature) Cyathostomum spp., Cylicocyclus spp., Cylicostephanus spp. Cylicodontophorus spp., Gyalocephalus spp.
- Ascarids: Parascaris equorum (adult and immature).
- Pinworms: Oxyuris equi, (adult and immature).
- Hairworms: Trichostrongylus axei (adult).
- Lungworms: Dictyocaulus arnfieldi (adult and immature).
- Bots: Gasterophilus spp. (oral and gastric stages).
- Intestinal threadworms: Strongyloides westeri (adult).
- Neck Threadworms: Onchocerca spp. (microfilariae).
- Large Mouth Stomach Worms: Habronema muscae (adult).
- Farnam Mecworma and Tape Allwormer is effective in the control of skin lesions caused by Habronema and Draschia spp. Cutaneous larvae (summer sores) and Onchocerca spp. microfilariae (cutaneous onchocerciasis).
Pack Sizes: 32.5gm Adjustable Dose Syringe. Oral paste in a 32.5gm dial-a-dose syringe.
Farnam Mecworma and Tape is also available in boxes of 20 and bulk packs of 50 syringes.
Registrant: International Animal Health Products Pty Ltd (APVMA #:63194)