Farnam Mecworma & Bot Broad Spectrum Worm Paste for Horses
Active Ingredient: Abamectin @ 3.64mg/g
Farnam Mecworma & Bot Broad Spectrum Worm Paste For Horses is an advanced worming paste that takes the war on worms to new levels of effectiveness. This real value, one-shot wormer weapon combats and controls all common internal worms. Mecworma & Bot’s broad active ingredient increases the firepower against worms and bots while protecting and treating summer sores.
The true easy-squeeze action takes the stress out of pasting, reducing wastage from misfires, and finally provides horse carers with a paste that doesn’t require a commandos grip. Mecworma & Bot is safe for all horses, including pregnant mares and foals.
Farnam Mecworma & Bot has been shown to be highly effective (up to 100% activity) in the control and treatment of large and small strongyles (Strongyles and Cyathostomum spp.), including arterial larval stages and benzimidazole-resistant strains bots (Gasterophilus spp.) cutaneous onchocerciasis and nematodes including Habronema and Draschia spp. which cause skin lesions (summer sores)
Farnam Mecworma & Bot contains abamectin, which is the only natural form of the macrocyclic lactone group of anthelmintics. Macrocyclic lactone compounds have revolutionised the control of parasites in animals. They are generally regarded as the most effective, least toxic and non-carcinogenic parasiticides yet developed.
Farnam Mecworma & Bot paste is easy to administer under a wide range of conditions, with a sticky consistency that is well-accepted with minimal wastage. Abamectin has a wide safety margin at the recommended dose level, especially in foals, pregnant mares, and aged or debilitated horses. No adverse effects have been reported when Farnam Mecworma & Bot is used at double the recommended doses on horses with a heavy parasite burden.
The recommended dose level of 200 µg/kg bodyweight Farnam Mecworma & Bot controls the following parasites:
- Large Strongyles: Strongylus vulgaris (adult & arterial larval stages), Strongyles edentatus (adult & tissue stages) & Strongyles equinus (adult) and Triodontophorus spp. (adult).
- Small Strongyles: Including bendimidazole resistant strains (adult and immature) Cythostomum spp., Cyliocyclus spp., Cylicostephanus spp., Cylicodontophorus spp. and Gylocephalus spp.
- Ascarids: Parascaris equorum (adult and immature).
- Pinworms: Oxyuris equi (adult and immature).
- Hairworms: Trichostrongylu axei (adult and immature) .
- Lungworms: Dictyocaulus arnfieldi (adult and immature).
- Bots: Gasterophilus spp. (oral and stomach stages).
- Intestinal Threadworms: Strongyloides westeri (adult).
- Neck Threadworms: Onchocerca spp.(microfilarie) (cutaneous onchocerciasis).
- Stomach Worms: Habronema muscae (adult and cutaneous larval stage ), Draschia spp. (cutaneous larval stage) – both cause summer sores.
Farnam Mecworma & Bot Pack Sizes: 32.5gm Adjustable Dose Syringe. (Oral paste in a 32.5gm dial-a-dose syringe).
Registrant: International Animal Health Products Pty Ltd (APVMA: # 58218)