Primo Maxx Growth Regulator
Active Ingredient: Trinexapac-Ethyl @ 120g/L
Primo Maxx Growth Regulator will promote greener, denser, more resilient turf with less growth, fewer clippings and therefore less expensive maintenance. Primo Maxx is the trusted growth regulator that pre-conditions turf for stress and optimises surface quality and colour. Primo Maxx Growth Regulator is for the reduction of leaf and stem growth of grass species and as an aid in turf management.
Primo Maxx is a highly effective, trusted turf growth regulator that is easy to use and gives constant performance. It works by blocking the production of gibberellic acid within the plant leaf, which effectively limits cell elongation and vertical growth. The regulation allows management of the plant’s energy with the most obvious benefit of shortening the distance between the shoot nodes, leading to shorter and more upright turf growth. This ability for Primo Maxx to manage the plant’s resources contributes to an array of other benefits to the turfgrass, including improved water usage, increased colour and phytochemical efficacy, improved rooting and increased ability to maintain quality under stress conditions caused by drought, heat and shade.
What does Primo Maxx Growth Regulator offer;
- Enhanced turf surfaces with improved turf quality and colour
- A valuable tool for pre-conditioning golf greens for hot, stressful summers – treated turf grows a stronger, deeper and more robust root system which leads to better heat stress tolerance, less wear and tear, and improved disease and pest tolerance.
- Regular applications deliver increased quality and durability.
What turf species can Primo Maxx Growth Regulator be used on;
- Warm Season Grasses
- Bahia Grass
- Buffalo Grass
- Carpet Grass
- Common Couch (Green)
- Couch hybrids and varieties
- Queensland Blue Couch
- Cool Season Turf Grasses
- Bent Grass
- Perennial Ryegrass
Primo Maxx can be continuously and safely used for up to 12 months of the year, as long as active growth occurs. Tracking the growth rate of the turf with the rate of Primo Maxx applied is essential to manage a consistent regulation effect for the entire application period.
How does Primo Maxx Growth Regulator work;
- Primo Max is rapidly absorbed into the plant. It continuously moves through the leaf to gently suppress growth for weeks.
- Growth between nodes is shorter in treated plants with slower growth and shorter leaves. Energy is diverted into lateral growth creating denser plants.
- Primo Maxx temporarily blocks the plant’s production of the growth hormone, gibberellic acid. This reduces the rate of vertical growth and results in the plant producing more lateral growth and greater root development.
- Primo Maxx treatment encourages greater root production producing healthier plants and improved root zone stability.
- Primo Maxx is a microemulsion concentrate (ME) with minimal odour as the product does not contain petroleum solvents. Primo Maxx mixes completely with water and can be tank-mixed with many commonly used fungicides and liquid fertilisers.
Pack Sizes: 1-Litre & 5-Litre
Registrant: Syngenta Australia Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 54275)