Turf Gold Fertiliser 22-1-4 is a premium slow-release turf fertiliser providing an effective ratio of Nitrogen, Phosphate, Potash, Sulfur, and Iron. Turf Gold Fertiliser contains ‘X-Cote’ coating technology that allows 40% slow-release of nitrogen for up to 10 weeks and 3.3% Iron for a deep green colour. Turf Gold can be applied to dry turf and does not require watering for up to 24 hours without the danger of burn.
- Total Nitrogen (N) – 22%
- Ammonium Nitrogen – 11.80%
- Urea Nitrogen – 10.2%*
- Total Phosphorous (P) – 1%
- Water Soluble – 0.95%
- Citrate Soluble – 0.05%
- Total Potassium (K) As Muriate – 4%
- Sulfur (S) – 12%
- Iron (Fe) – 3.30%
Derived from Polymer-Coated Sulfur-Coated Urea, Ammonium Sulfate, Monoammonium Phosphate, Muriate of Potash and Iron Oxysulfate.
*9.50% Slowly available urea nitrogen from polymer-coated sulphur-coated urea.
Why choose Turf Gold Fertiliser;
- A 2-particle mixture providing an effective ratio of Nitrogen, Phosphate, Potash, Sulfur, and Iron for a deep green colour.
- Controlled nitrogen release for up to 10 weeks.
- A mix of Best Turf Supreme and X-Cote, a polymer-coated sulphur-coated urea.
- It contains ‘Evergreen’ and ‘X-Cote’ that allows the fertiliser to be applied to dry turf and not watered for up to 24 hours without the danger of turf burn.
- 40% of its total Nitrogen is controlled release derived from X-Cote to provide up to 10 weeks of Nitrogen release.
- Turf Gold can be applied to schools, golf courses, homes (Professional lawn care), etc., without the inconvenience of turning on the irrigation system after application and interfering with the usage of the turfgrass area.
- Suitable for use in Turfgrass, Groundcover Plants, Shrubs, Evergreens, Trees & Preplant.
What are the general application rates for Turf Gold Fertiliser;
- Turfgrass: Broadcast at 2.8kg per 100m2. (280kg per Hectare)
- Preplant: Broadcast at 3.8kg per 100m2 (380kg per Hectare)
- Groundcover: Broadcast at 2.5kg per 100m2
- Shrubs & Evergreens: Sprinkle 110gm evenly around the plant’s drip line and work into the top 3cm of soil.
- Trees: Apply 225gm per 2.5cm of trunk diameter. Distribute evenly under branches out to the drip line.
Why is Nitrogen, Potassium, Phosphorus and Iron important for turfgrass;
Nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorus are all important nutrients for turfgrass growth and health. In Turf Gold Fertiliser, each of these nutrients are included in an effective ratio and play specific roles in promoting the growth and vitality of turfgrass.
Nitrogen (N) is essential for turfgrass growth because it is a key component of chlorophyll, the green pigment in plant leaves responsible for photosynthesis. Nitrogen also forms amino acids, which are the building blocks of proteins necessary for plant growth and development.
Potassium (P) is important for turfgrass because it helps regulate the plant’s water balance, improves stress tolerance, and strengthens its cell walls. Potassium is also essential for photosynthesis and the production of carbohydrates, which provide energy for the plant.
Phosphorus (K) is necessary for developing strong roots and producing flowers and seeds. It is also important for energy transfer within the plant, as it is a component of ATP (adenosine triphosphate), which is the molecule that provides energy for cellular processes.
Iron (Fe) is an important micronutrient for turfgrass growth and health. Although it is required in very small amounts, it is still critical for proper turfgrass development. Iron is necessary to produce chlorophyll, the green pigment in plant leaves responsible for photosynthesis. Chlorophyll is essential for turfgrass growth and development because it allows the plant to convert sunlight into energy. Iron can improve the colour and appearance of turfgrass. When turfgrass is deficient in iron, it can become chlorotic, so the leaves turn yellow or pale green. This can negatively impact the plant’s ability to photosynthesise and grow properly.
Turf Gold Fertiliser provides an effective ratio of nitrogen, phosphate, potash, sulphur, and more iron for deep green colour. Nitrogen (N), Potassium (P), and Phosphorus (K) are all important for turfgrass growth and health because they play essential roles in photosynthesis, protein and carbohydrate production, water regulation, stress tolerance, and root development. Iron (Fe) is important because it is necessary for producing chlorophyll, forming enzymes, and the plant’s response to stress. Iron deficiency can lead to chlorosis and reduced plant growth and vitality.
Pack Size: 20kg
Size Guide Number (SGN): 250 (2.5mm prill)
Turf Gold Fertiliser Manufacturer: JR Simplot Co (USA)