Nitrofluke Injection Flukicide For Cattle
Active Ingredients: Clorsulon @ 67g/L & Nitroxynil (as eglumine) @ 340g/L
Nitrofluke Injection Flukicide For Cattle is for the treatment and control of Nitroxynil and Clorsulon sensitive strains and Triclabendazole resistant strains of early immature (including 2-week old stages), immature and adult liver fluke (Fasciola hepatica) in cattle.
Nitrofluke Injection Flukicide For Cattle is recommended for areas where liver fluke is found, typically throughout south-eastern Australia, generally where rainfall is 600mm or more or in drier areas where irrigation channels are accessible by livestock. This includes south-eastern Queensland, eastern New South Wales, most of Victoria and parts of Tasmania and south-eastern South Australia.
When to use Nitrofluke Injection Flukicide For Cattle (Treatment Timings);
- Autumn Treatment (compulsory)
- 7 – 10 days following the first frost.
- Designed to clean out the fluke before the stresses of winter.
- Spring treatment (compulsory)
- Break the liver fluke lifecycle by removing any fluke that has survived winter.
- Prevents the contamination of pasture with fluke eggs as temperatures warm up.
- This treatment should occur before spring break.
- Summer / early Autumn (tactical)
- Recommended for areas with extended periods of warm conditions.
- The ideal timing is a January or February treatment to suppress fluke numbers.
- Mid-winter treatment (tactical)
- A mid-winter treatment may also be necessary for areas where fluke infection can continue throughout the year, such as warm coastal areas.
Why choose Nitrofluke Injection Flukicide For Cattle;
- A synergised combination of Nitroxynil and Clorsulon.
- Provides outstanding liver fluke control, including the damaging 2-week-old early immature stage.
- Controls triclabendazole-resistant strains of liver fluke.
- Formulated in an easy-to-use subcutaneous injection
Benefit From The Strength Of Synergy (control 2-week-old fluke);
- Nitrofluke Injection Flukicide For Cattle has been developed as a critical management tool in controlling all stages of triclabendazole-resistant liver fluke.
- It contains a combination of Nitroxynil and Clorsulon, providing proven synergistic activity against liver fluke.
- This synergy means Nitrofluke Injection Flukicide For Cattle controls all stages of liver fluke down to 2 weeks old early immature liver fluke.
- The only other products to do this are Virbac’s Nitromec Injection And Flukazole C Plus Selenium.
Control Resistant Fluke;
- Nitrofluke Injection Flukicide For Cattle controls all fluke stages, providing the only straight Flukacide option for Triclabendazole-resistant fluke.
Drench Rotation Option;
- The effective life of drenches can be extended by rotating drench families to slow the onset of drench resistance.
- Nitrofluke Injection offers an excellent alternative to Triclabendazole drenches for liver fluke control.
Can Nitrofluke be Used With Cydectin Long Acting Injection For Cattle;
- Nitrofluke Injection can be used alongside Cydectin Long Acting Injection For Cattle for best practice broad spectrum worm and fluke control.
NitroFluke Injection contains clorsulon, a member of the sulphonamide family of chemicals and Nitroxynil, a related monophenolic compound. When used at the recommended dose level of 2mg Clorsulon/kg and 10.2mg nitroxynil/kg live weight, it is effective against nitroxynil and clorsulon-sensitive-strains-and-triclabendazole-resistant strains of early immature (including 2-week old stages), immature and adult liver fluke in cattle.
Pack Size: 1-Litre
Registrant: Virbac (Australia) Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 70184)