Hercules Pour-On for Lice
Active Ingredient: Imidacloprid @ 35g/L
Similar or comparable to Centurion Pour-On Lice Treatment For Sheep (Nutrien), Pastoral Ag Imidalab Pour-On Lice Treatment For Sheep (Hunter River) & Encore Pour-On Lousicide For Sheep (Hunter River)
Hercules Pour-On for Lice is for the control of neonicotinoid susceptible body lice (Bovicola ovis) on shorn sheep up to 7 days off shears and unshorn lambs up to 2 months of age. Hercules can be expected to protect sheep against re-infestation with lice for four (4) weeks after treatment when applied within 24 hours of shearing.
Hercules Pour-On for Lice contains Imidacloprid. Imidacloprid is a neonicotinoid insecticide effective against a wide range of insects, including body lice on sheep. It interferes with the insect’s nervous system, causing paralysis and death.
Imidacloprid is particularly effective against body lice because it is a systemic insecticide that is absorbed into the sheep’s bloodstream and distributed throughout its body. This allows the imidacloprid to reach and kill lice hidden in the sheep’s fleece or skin.
In addition, imidacloprid is relatively long-acting, meaning it remains in the sheep’s system for several weeks after treatment. This helps to prevent reinfestation with lice.
How to get the best results from Hercules Pour-On for Lice;
- Apply Hercules Pour-On for Lice with a pour-on applicator.
- To prevent re-infestation, treated sheep must not be mixed with lice-free sheep until six (6) weeks after treatment.
- Live lice on ewes treated within six (6) weeks of lambing can infect lambs from these ewes.
- Sheep must be treated within 7 days of shearing; unshorn lambs can be treated up to 2 months of age.
- Efficacy is not affected by moderate rainfall either before or after treatment (50mm rain 1 hour before treatment and/or 12.5mm 2 hours after treatment and/or 25mm 24 hours after treatment).
- Treated sheep must not be mixed with lousy sheep.
- Do not use on sheep that have not been cleanly shorn for any reason, e.g., mycotic dermatitis.
Management practices that promote good lice control such as complete musters, accurate treatment of every animal according to label, ensuring all animals can be treated at the same time, no split shearings, stock-proof fencing to prevent external introductions, quarantine and lice treatment of all newly purchased stock are essential for effective lice control.
Pack Sizes: 5-Litre & 20-Litre
Registrant: Zagro Australia Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 86745)