Hideject Vitamin A, D3 and E Injection
- Vitamin A (Palmitate Retinyl Palmitate) @ 18mg/ml
- Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) @ 12.5mg/ml
- Vitamin E-DL (Alpha Tocopherol-DL) @ 25mg/ml.
Hideject Vitamin A, D3 and E Injection is an aid in the prevention of milk fever in cows, ewes and sows. Hideject is an injectable solution containing Vitamin A, D3 and E ( Vitamin ADE).
Why is Vitamin A, D and E important for the prevention of milk fever;
- Vitamin A is essential for cell and membrane integrity, normal vision and fertility.
- Vitamin D3 is necessary for parathyroid activity and normal metabolism of calcium, phosphorus and magnesium.
- Vitamin D3 promotes calcium absorption from the intestines and maintains calcium levels in the blood, helping to prevent the symptoms of milk fever in cows, ewes and sows.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant involved in the regulation of oxidation processes in the body and is important for muscles and fertility.
- Both Vitamins A and E assist with immune responses during times of stress.
Prevention of Milk Fever;
- Hideject Vitamin A, D3 and E Injection is an aid in the prevention of milk fever and management of the diet can also be valuable in preventing milk fever
- Animals should be kept on a low calcium diet while they are lactating (dry).
- This stimulates their calcium regulatory system to keep the blood levels normal by mobilising the body’s stores of calcium from the bone.
- When the demand for calcium increases late in pregnancy, calcium can be mobilised much more rapidly from bone than the feed, therefore preventing milk fever.
- With animals at greater risk, those of mature age and in a forward to fat condition, green feed should be restricted and plenty of hay fed for at least 1-2 weeks before giving birth. Neither should contain a high percentage of clover or capeweed.
Pack Size: 100mL
Hideject Vitamin A, D3 and E Registrant: Elanco Australasia Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 35995)