Advion Fire Ant Bait
Active Ingredient: Indoxacarb @ 0.45g/kg
Advion Fire Ant Bait is for the control of Fire Ants around buildings, gardens, grazing areas, lawns and public areas. The bait is made from a corn grit and oil bait matrix that is highly palatable and provides unbeatable control of fire ants.
No other product is as effective as Advion Fire Ant Bait in such a short period. Research has shown Advion can provide total colony control in as little as 72 hours and be used any time of the year, keeping areas free from this aggressive, painful, invasive pest.
With one application, Advion Fire Ant Bait provides control of foraging ants within 12 to 48 hours and total colony control within 72 hours. After only two applications, yearlong colony control can be achieved in most locations.
Why choose Advion Fire Ant Bait;
- Advion kills not just the worker but also the queen and the larvae stages of the colony, aiming to eradicate this invasive pest.
- The bait is desirable to Red Imported and Tropical Fire Ant species, ensuring rapid product uptake.
- Great results from the day of the first application.
- Depending on nest numbers and population densities, colony control can occur within 3-14 days.
- It can be used in agricultural situations, commercial/domestic/industrial and public service areas, forests, grazing and non-crop areas, as well as in lawn and turf situations, including residential lawns and ornamental garden beds.
- Convenient and easy to use.
- Highly palatable corn grit and oil bait matrix in a convenient 1 kg shaker pack.
- An application of 15 grams per nest is made 1 metre around the mound where ants enter and forage.
- Follow-up treatments are usually limited to spot treatments of high-density nest clusters, whereas other baits (IGRs) need 3-4 additional complete treatments.
What species does Advion Fire Ant Bait target;
- Red Imported Fire Ant (Solenopsis invicta) – Qld & NSW Only
- Tropical Fire Ant (Solenopsis geminata) – NT Only
How does Advion Fire Ant Bait control the entire ant colony?
- Advion contains indoxacarb, a non-repellent active ingredient, in a highly palatable corn grit and oil bait matrix.
- The correct bait placement will maximise its transfer to the nest, killing the queen, larvae, and ants.
- Worker ants that feed on the Advion Bait return to the nest and transfer the non-repellent active ingredient (Indoxacarb) to the brood and queen.
- Total colony control can be achieved within 3-14 days, with worker activity significantly reduced within 48 hours.
Why is bait freshness important;
- Ants do not eat solids.
- Adult ants transport solids in their mandibles back to the nest, where they are converted to liquid nutrients.
- Indoxacarb does not break down in this process but becomes more potent.
Pack Size: 1kg (hand-held shaker pack) & 11.36kg Bucket
Registrant: Syngenta Australia Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 66532)