GMX Iron Plus Fertiliser (Fe-8%, N-12% & Mg-1%)
GMX Iron Plus Fertiliser is a high analysis Iron, Nitrogen and Magnesium formulation designed to produce quick and prolonged turf green-up. The premium foliar formulation of nutrients sparks the production of excess chlorophyll to give turf a long-lasting, deep green appearance.
Experience the extraordinary power of GMX Iron Plus Fertiliser, carefully crafted with a unique blend of Iron, Magnesium, and Nitrogen. Unleash vibrant and captivating turf colour while achieving controlled growth of turf and lawns.
What is the Analysis of GMX Iron Plus Fertiliser;
|Nitrogen (N)||As Urea||12.0|
|Iron (Fe)||As Sulphate||8.0|
|Magnesium (Mg)||As Sulphate||1.0|
What are the benefits of the nutrients included in GMX Iron Plus Fertiliser;
- Iron (Fe) – Iron helps turf grasses stay deep green during the hot summer without increasing growth. Iron helps the plant move oxygen throughout the roots, leaves, and other parts of the plant, producing a green colour indicating the plant is strong and healthy. Iron is one of the most useful tools in maintaining turfgrass colour without enhancing excessive growth. As a dissociated or dissolved ion, iron will enter the turf via the leaf or root system and form a carrier compound (Ferredoxin) essential in forming Chlorophyll. The application of Iron will force turf to produce Chlorophyll in excess, thus giving the green-up required. Iron is also essential for producing other enzymes involved in oxidation and reduction reactions. While the colour effect from Iron applications is sought after, the physiological role and resulting turf health because of Iron are equally important. While Iron is the driving force in colour development, the presence of Magnesium and Nitrogen is vital to the completion of the greening effect. Magnesium and Nitrogen will form the central structure of the chlorophyll cell. Hence, turf green-up will not occur as readily without the Magnesium or Nitrogen.
- Nitrogen (N) – Nitrogen promotes healthy leaf growth by encouraging chlorophyll production, a chemical vital to photosynthesis. Nitrogen helps form proteins that the cells within the grass need to grow. Nitrogen is important for colour and appearance, turf density, tolerance to wear and traffic and root development.
- Magnesium (Mg) – Magnesium promotes winter hardiness and early growth. Low magnesium turf may have yellow, wilting patches and drooping leaves. Magnesium’s key roles for turfgrass include chlorophyll synthesis, photosynthesis & energy production, nutrient uptake and utilisation, protein synthesis & metabolism and stress tolerance.
What rate is GMX Iron Plus Fertiliser applied;
- Tees & Greens
- Rate: 200mL – 500mL applied over 100m².
- Application: Dilute in 4L-8L of Water
- Rate: 20L-50L applied over 1Ha (10,000m²)
- Application: Dilute in 400L – 800L of Water
Pack Size: 10-Litre
Turf treated with GMX Iron Plus Fertiliser