Sabakem Glyphosate 450 Herbicide
Active Ingredient: Glyphosate Present As The Isopropylamine Salt @ 450g/L
Sabakem Glyphosate 450 Herbicide is a non-selective herbicide that will kill most emerged weeds and plants in situations as indicated in the directions for use. It is a water-soluble, non-residual glyphosate herbicide for non-selective control of many annual and perennial weeds in various situations.
Sabakem Glyphosate 450 Herbicide is effective against almost all weed species and rapidly breaks down into natural environmental products. It has very low toxicity to humans and animals. Glyphosate 450 is used for general weed control in Domestic areas (Home Gardens), Commercial, Industrial and Public Service areas, Agricultural buildings and other farm situations. For specific weeds, brush and woody weeds or unwanted trees, refer to the appropriate Weeds Controlled table listed in the directions for use.
Sabakem Glyphosate 450 Herbicide provides a non-residual, full knock-down impact to virtually all weed species. It can be tank-mixed with a range of other products and is compatible with certain residual herbicides for extended control of annual weeds. Glyphosate belongs to a group of herbicides called glycines. Sabakem Glyphosate 450 acts on the enzyme pathway and works by inhibiting the production of three essential amino acids that are unique to plant life.
What are some of the weeds Sabakem Glyphosate 450 Herbicide targets;
|African lovegrass||Button grass||Groundsel bush||Phalaris||Spurge|
|African turnip weed||Calomba daisy||Guinea grass||Pigweed||Stinkgrass|
|Amsinckia||Caltrop||Hedge mustard||Poa tussock||Sub. clover|
|Annual ground cherry||Camel melon||Hoary cress||Potato weed||Summer grass|
|Annual phalaris||Canary grass||Indian hedge mustard||Prairie grass||Sweet Summer grass|
|Annual ryegrass||Capeweed||Johnson grass||Prickly paddy melon||Sweetbriar|
|Annual Weeds||Carpet grass||Kangaroo grass||Qld bluegrass||Thornapple|
|Artichoke thistle||Chickweed||Kikuyu||Red natal grass||Turnip weed|
|Australian bluebell||Chinese scrub||Lantana||Red-leg grass||Variegated thistle|
|Bamboo||Cobbler’s peg||Lesser swine cress||Rhodes grass||Volunteer cereals|
|Barbed wire grass||Cocksfoot||Liverseed grass||Rope twitch||Volunteer lupins|
|Barley grass||Columbus grass||Love grass||Ryegrass||Volunteer sorghum|
|Barnyard grass||Couch||Mexican poppy||Saffron thistle||Volunteer sunflower|
|Bathurst burr||Crofton weed||Milk thistle||Saffron thistle||Water couch|
|Bent grass||Cudweed||Mintweed||Scotch thistle||Wild lettuce|
|Bitou bush||Deadnettle||Mistflower||Sifton bush||Wild mustard|
|Black (giant) pigweed||Dock||Native millet||Silver grass||Wild oats|
|Black speargrass||Double gee||New Zealand spinach||Silverleaf nightshade||Wild turnip|
|Blackberry||Erodium||Noogoora burr||Skeleton weed||Willow|
|Bladder ketmia||Eucalyptus||Nutgrass||Sorrel||Winter grass|
|Blady grass||False castor oilplant||Pampas grass||Soursob||Wireweed|
|Boggabri weed||Flatweed||Para grass||Sowthistle||Yellow Vine|
|Boneseed||Fumitory||Paradoxa grass||Spear thistle||Yorkshire fog|
|Bracken||Gorse||Paterson’s curse||Spiny burrgrass|
|Brome grass||Ground cherry||Perennial phalaris||Spiny emex|
For annual weeds, it may be 3-7 days before the effects of the treatment become apparent; for perennials, it may be as much as 2-3 weeks or more if cool and cloudy.
Why is Sabakem Glyphosate 450 Herbicide considered a good herbicide;
- Broad-spectrum control: Glyphosate is a broad-spectrum herbicide that is effective against a wide range of weed species. It targets both broadleaf and grassy weeds, making it versatile for controlling various types of unwanted vegetation.
- Systemic action: Sabakem Glyphosate 450 Herbicide is a systemic herbicide, which means it is absorbed by the leaves and transported throughout the plant, including the roots. This systemic movement ensures that the herbicide reaches the entire plant, effectively killing it from the foliage down to the root system. This is particularly beneficial for perennial weeds that have extensive root systems.
- Non-selective: Glyphosate is a non-selective herbicide, killing most plants it comes into contact with. While this can be a disadvantage in certain situations, such as when preserving desired plants among weeds, it is highly effective for total vegetation control in areas like agricultural fields, industrial sites, or non-crop areas.
- Fast-acting: Glyphosate generally acts quickly, with visible effects on target plants often observed within a few days to a couple of weeks. This rapid action allows for efficient weed control and helps prevent competition between weeds and desired plants.
- Low soil persistence: Glyphosate has low soil persistence, which means it does not persist in the soil for an extended period. It breaks down relatively quickly into non-toxic compounds, reducing the risk of long-term soil contamination or harm to subsequent crops.
- Cost-effective: Sabakem Glyphosate 450 Herbicide is often cost-effective compared to some other herbicides, making it a popular choice for weed control. Its availability in various formulations, such as concentrates or ready-to-use sprays, provides flexibility for different application needs and budgets.
Pack Sizes: 20L & 1000L
Registrant: Sabakem Pty Ltd (APVMA #:86262)