WSD Closantel Sheep Drench
Active Ingredient: Closantel @ 37.5g/L
Similar or comparable to Closicare Sheep Drench (Virbac)
WSD Closantel Sheep Drench is a narrow spectrum treatment for internal parasites of sheep and lambs with sustained action against re-infestation by Haemonchus Contortus (Barbers Pole Worm), and activity against Fasciola Hepatica (Liver Fluke) and Nasal Bots (Oestrus Ovis).
What parasites will WSD Closantel control;
- Haemonchus Contortus (barber’s pole worm)
- Fasciola hepatica (liver fluke) from 6 weeks
- Oestrus ovis (nasal bot)
WSD Closantel provides sustained protection against the re-infestation by both mature and immature stages of barber’s pole worm in sheep for 4 weeks after dosing. Closantel controls both mature and immature stages of a liver fluke as well as all stages of nasal bots.
Why choose WSD Closantel Sheep Drench;
- Contains Closantel – Closantel is a medium spectrum drench with activity against barber’s pole worm, liver fluke and Nasal bot.
- Control of Barber’s Pole Worm – Barber’s pole worms are insatiable feeders, sucking blood from the lining of the stomach, causing anaemia. Sheep with heavy infections of barber’s pole worms lack stamina, have pale gums and conjunctiva, and may also have bottle-jaw or constipation. If present in large numbers, barber’s pole worms can kill sheep. Closantel can provide control of susceptible barber’s pole worm, including sustained protection against re-infection.
- Control of Liver Fluke – WSD Closantel Sheep Drench provides control of immature and adult liver fluke including the 6 week (immature) stage. Treating immature flukes reduces the damage that they do to the animal’s liver, which in turn reduces overall production losses.
When treating an outbreak of Barbers Pole infestation (Haemonchosis), consideration should be given to using an alternative drench from the WSD range, particularly WSD Levamisole Oral Drench for Sheep or WSD Combination.
WSD Closantel Sheep Drench is particularly effective when combined with management strategies to control Haemonchosis (Barbers Pole) including rotation and spelling of paddocks.
Pack Sizes: 1L, 5L & 20L
Registrant: WSD Agribusiness Pty Ltd