Firstmectin SE Drench for Sheep and Lambs – Selenised Endectocide And Tapewormer
Active Ingredients: Abamectin @ 0.8g/L, Praziquantel @ 15.0g/L & Selenium @ 0.4g/L
Firstmectin SE For Sheep And Lambs is a broad spectrum treatment and control of abamectin-sensitive strains of internal parasites (including benzimidazole, levamisole, and morantel resistant strains), nasal bot and itch mite of sheep and lambs. Firstmectin treats and controls tapeworms and aids in controlling selenium deficiencies in sheep and lambs. It is recommended to control roundworms and tapeworms concurrently.
Firstmectin SE contains praziquantel and abamectin, a member of the avermectin family of anthelmintics as well as Selenium which acts as an aid in controlling selenium deficiencies at the recommended dose level of 1mL/ 4kg.
What sensitive strains of adult and immature internal parasites of sheep is Firstmectin SE Drench for Sheep and Lambs effective against;
Moniezia expansa (adult and immature, heads and segments)
Adult and immature gastrointestinal roundworms :
- Haemonchus contortus – Barber’s pole worm (including inhibited L4 stage)
- Haemonchus placei – Large stomach worm
- Ostertagia circumcincta – Small brown stomach worms (including inhibited L4 stage)
- Trichostrongylus axei – Stomach hair worm
- Trichostrongylus colubriformis, Trichostrongylus vitrinus – Black scour worm
- Cooperia curticei, Cooperia oncophora – Small intestinal worm
- Nematodirus spathiger, Nematodirus filicollis – Thin necked intestinal worm
- Chabertia ovina – Large mouthed bowel worm
- Oesophagostomum columbianum – Nodule worm
- Oesophagostomum venulosum – Large bowel worm
- Trichuris ovis – Whipworm
- Strongyloides papillosus – Intestinal threadworm
- Dictyocaulus filaria – Large lungworm
- Oestrus ovis – Nasal Bot
- Psorergates ovis – Itch Mite
Why choose Firstmectin SE Drench for Sheep and Lambs;
- Contains the active ingredients Abamectin, Praziquantel & Selenium.
- A combination oral drench for sheep and lambs.
- Broad spectrum parasite control, including tapeworms.
- Ideal for lambs.
- Removes Tapeworm Heads.
- Removes Tapeworm Segments.
- Aids in control of selenium deficiency.
What are the benefits of combining Abamectin & Praziquantel;
Abamectin is a potent, short-acting member of the macrocyclic lactone (ML) family of drenches. Praziquantel is the only chemical that controls both segments and heads of tapeworm. It makes sense to remove tapeworms to reduce the overall worm burden of your lambs, giving them the best opportunity to achieve peak performance.
- Firstmectin SE Drench for Sheep and Lambs is for broad-spectrum parasite control.
Firstmectin SE is highly effective against abamectin-sensitive gastrointestinal roundworms, lungworms, nasal bots and itch mites. It also provides control of tapeworms (heads and segments).
- Firstmectin SE Drench is ideal for lambs.
For a young lamb, life is a risky business. They’re vulnerable to cold, predators and worms. As soon as they start to eat pasture, they develop a worm burden. Unlike older sheep, lambs have not built up their immunity against worms. Worm infections lead to reduced wool production and lower body weights in sheep of any age; a high worm burden will have a far bigger impact on young sheep.
- Firstmectin SE Drench for Sheep and Lambs contains selenium.
Selenium deficiencies can increase the effect a worm’s burden can have on animals by suppressing their immune systems. Other problems associated with selenium deficiency are ill thrift, infertility, reduced production (milk, wool and meat), scouring and ‘white muscle’ disease.
Pack Size: 5L & 10L
Registrant: Virbac (Australia) Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 56998)