VIRBAMEC LV POUR-ON FOR CATTLE
Active Ingredient: 10mg/mL Ivermectin
Similar or Equiv. to: Starmec LV Pour-On (Hunter River)
Virbamec LV Pour-On For Cattle is for the treatment and control of Ivermectin sensitive internal and external parasites of beef and dairy cattle
WHAT IS VIRBAMEC LV POUR-ON?
- A macrocyclic lactone (ML) or “mectin” class pour-on drench for cattle
- Contains Ivermectin
- Broad spectrum control of internal and external parasites
- Low volume formulation (15L Virbamec is equiv. to 30L normal strength drench)
- Non-flammable, low odour vegetable oil base
WHY CHOOSE VIRBAMEC LV POUR-ON?
Control of internal parasites – Virbamec LV Pour-On offers excellent control and a high level of efficacy against Ivermectin sensitive gastrointestinal roundworms and lungworm. It also offers persistent activity against lungworm (up to 28 days) and small brown stomach worm (Ostertagia spp) (up to 14 days).
Control of external parasites – Virbamec LV Pour-On offers excellent control of both sucking and biting lice, mites and cattle tick. It also controls buffalo fly and protects cattle from reinfestation for up to 21 days.
Low volume dose – The low volume dose of Virbamec LV Pour-On makes it easy to apply, even to large animals and also provides the convenience of fewer drums to clean and dispose of.
User friendly vegetable oil formulation – Virbamec LV Pour-On’s vegetable oil formulation means that it has no offensive fumes, is easy on applicator guns, flows steadily from the gun and is less likely to splash or run off the animal’s back than solvent based pour-ons. Virbamec LV Pour-On is also non-flammable.
Rainfast – The efficacy of Virbamec LV Pour-On is unlikely to be affected if rain falls as soon as two hours after application.
Nil milk withhold – Virbamec LV Pour-On can be used on lactating dairy cows, giving dairy farmers the fl exibility to treat their animals at the optimal time.
Short meat withholding period and ESI – Virbamec LV Pour-On has a short meat withholding period and export slaughter interval of 21 days, allowing producers the flexibility to market animals as soon as a real benefit from treatment is seen.
Virbamec LV Pour-On is effective against sensitive strains of the following internal and external parasites in cattle:
- Small brown stomach worm (including inhibited stages) – Ostertagia ostertagi
- Barber’s pole worm – Haemonchus placei
- Stomach hair worm – Trichostrongylus axei
- Nodule worm – Oesophagostomum radiatum
- Small intestinal worm – Cooperia oncophora
- Small intestinal worm – C. punctata
- Large bowel worm – Oesophagostomum venulosum
- Whipworm – Trichuris spp
- Intestinal threadworm – Strongyloides papillosus
- Thin necked intestinal worm – Nematodirus spp
- Hookworm – (including third and fourth stage larvae) – Bunostomum phlebotomum
- Lungworm – Dictyocaulus viviparous
Long nosed sucking louse – Linognathus vituli
Short nosed sucking louse – Haematopinus eurysternus
Biting louse – Bovicola bovis
Little blue sucking louse – Solenopotes capillatus
Mites – Chorioptes bovis, Sarcoptes scabei var bovis
Cattle tick – Boophilus microplus
Buffalo fly – Haematobia irritans exigua
PACK SIZES: 2.5L, 5L & 15L
REGISTRANT: Virbac Australia Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 56736)
Did you? Log in to leave a review.