Virbamec LV Pour-On for Cattle
Active Ingredient: 10mg/mL Ivermectin
Virbamec LV Pour-On For Cattle is for treating and controlling Ivermectin-sensitive internal and external parasites of beef and dairy cattle.
What Is Virbamec LV Pour-On?
- A macrocyclic lactone (ML) or “mectin” class pour-on drench for cattle
- Contains Ivermectin
- Broad spectrum control of internal and external parasites
- Low volume formulation (15L Virbamec is Equiv. to 30L normal strength drench)
- Non-flammable, low odour vegetable oil base
Why Choose Virbamec LV Pour-On?
- Control of internal parasites – Virbamec LV Pour-On offers excellent control and a high level of efficacy against Ivermectin-sensitive gastrointestinal roundworms and lungworms. It also offers persistent activity against lungworm (up to 28 days) and small brown stomach worms (Ostertagia spp) (up to 14 days).
- Control external parasites – Virbamec LV Pour-On offers excellent control of sucking and biting lice, mites and cattle ticks. It also controls buffalo flies and protects cattle from reinfestation for up to 21 days.
- Low volume dose – The low volume dose of Virbamec LV Pour-On makes it easy to apply, even to large animals, and provides the convenience of fewer drums to clean and dispose of.
- User-friendly vegetable oil formulation – Virbamec LV Pour-On’s vegetable oil formulation means that it has no offensive fumes, is easy on applicator guns, flows steadily from the gun and is less likely to splash or run off the animal’s back than solvent-based pour-on. Virbamec LV Pour-On is also non-flammable.
- Rainfast – The efficacy of Virbamec LV Pour-On is unlikely to be affected if rain falls as soon as two hours after application.
- Nil milk withholds – Virbamec LV Pour-On can be used on lactating dairy cows, giving dairy farmers the flexibility to treat their animals at the optimal time.
- Short meat withholding period and ESI – Virbamec LV Pour-On has a short meat withholding period and export slaughter interval of 21 days, allowing producers the flexibility to market animals as soon as a real benefit from treatment is seen.
Virbamec LV Pour-On is effective against sensitive strains of the following internal and external parasites in cattle:
- Gastro-Intestinal Roundworms:
- Small brown stomach worm (including inhibited stages) – Ostertagia ostertagi
- Barber’s pole worm – Haemonchus placei
- Stomach hair worm – Trichostrongylus axei
- Nodule worm – Oesophagostomum radiatum
- Small intestinal worm – Cooperia oncophora
- Small intestinal worm – C. punctata
- Large bowel worm – Oesophagostomum venulosum
- Whipworm – Trichuris spp
- Intestinal threadworm – Strongyloides papillosus
- Thin necked intestinal worm – Nematodirus spp
- Hookworm – (including third and fourth stage larvae) – Bunostomum phlebotomum
- Lungworm – Dictyocaulus viviparous
- Long-nosed sucking louse – Linognathus vituli
- Short-nosed sucking louse – Haematopinus eurysternus
- Biting louse – Bovicola bovis
- Little blue sucking louse – Solenopotes capillatus
- Mites – Chorioptes bovis, Sarcoptes scabei var bovis
- Cattle tick – Boophilus microplus
- Buffalo fly – Haematobia irritans exigua
Pack Sizes: 2.5L, 5L & 15L
Registrant: Virbac Australia Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 56736)