Baycox Coccidiocide for Piglets and Cattle
Active Ingredient: Toltrazuril @ 50g/L
Baycox Coccidiocide for Pigs & Cattle is an easy-to-use, one-dose oral treatment for the control of coccidiosis. Baycox Coccidiocide contains Toltrazuril, an active constituent that destroys all intracellular stages of the pathogen’s life cycle in the intestine without impairing their ability to acquire lifelong natural immunity against coccidia.
For pigs, Baycox controls coccidiosis caused by Isospora suis infection of young piglets. Isospora suis infection is a major cause of diarrhoea, dehydration, loss of appetite, poor growth, and occasional mortality in piglets between birth and 3–4 weeks of age. Baycox Coccidiocide for Pigs & Cattle is effective in one dose because it attacks all stages of the parasite in the animal.
For cattle, Baycox is for the treatment of clinical coccidiosis and as an aid in the prevention of coccidiosis in cattle up to 9 months of age caused by Eimeria bovis or Eimeria zuernii. Coccidiosis typically occurs in cattle less than a year old, causing diarrhoea, blood loss and poor absorption capacity. This results in reduced appetite, the ability to convert feed, and a setback in growth.
Toltrazuril, the active constituent of Baycox Coccidiocide for Piglets and Cattle, is active against all intracellular stages of coccidia. It interferes with the multiplication process and the energy pathways of the parasite. Baycox Coccidiocide for Pigs & Cattle treats and prevents clinical disease while allowing immunity to develop against coccidia.
Before using Baycox Coccidiocide for Pigs & Cattle, obtain a veterinary diagnosis for the cause of the diarrhoea. Clinical coccidiosis of piglets & cattle appears from 5-30 days of age. Control of the disease is most effective when Baycox is given as a preventative before intestinal damage occurs and diarrhoea begins.
Why choose Baycox Coccidiocide for Piglets and Cattle;
- Contains the active ingredient Toltrazuril.
- A convenient single oral dose for easy administration – follow-up treatment is usually not necessary.
- Kills all coccidia development stages.
- Long-acting to suppress oocyst excretion over 42 days.
- Treatment and prevention of clinical coccidiosis, caused by Eimeria bovis or Eimeria zuernii, in cattle up to 9 months.
- Efficacy is independent of the severity of the infection.
- Does not impair natural immunity development.
- Both curative and preventative to ensure the production of high-value replacements.
- Attacks all stages of the parasite in the animal.
Baycox Coccidiocide for Piglets and Cattle Pack Size: 250mL & 1L
Baycox Coccidiocide for Piglets and Cattle Registrant: Elanco Australasia Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 68946)