Cobalife VB12 Plus Selenium For Sheep And Cattle
Active Ingredients: Hydroxocobalamin (Vitamin B12) @ 2g/L & Selenium @ 4g/L
Similar or comparable to Cobalex 2000 B12 Plus Selenium Injection (Jurox)
Cobalife VB12 Plus Selenium is for treating and controlling Vitamin B12 and selenium deficiency in sheep and cattle.
Selenium is a trace element that is necessary for normal metabolism; it is an essential anti-oxidant and key component of proteins that have a role in muscle function, immune system and synthesis of thyroid hormones. Selenium deficiency can result in lameness, White Muscle Disease, reduced fertility and immunity, and reduced wool and milk production. Deficiency may occur at any year stage but is more likely to happen during stressful periods such as calving/lambing and growing periods of stock.
Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin that acts as a coenzyme for various metabolic functions, including fat and carbohydrate metabolism and protein synthesis. It is vital for glucose production in ruminants, which is essential to meet the high energy demands of growth and lactation. Vitamin B12 deficiency results in reduced appetite and growth rates, ill thrift, infertility and reduced wool and milk production.
Suggested Cobalife VB12 plus Selenium treatment programs:
Deficiency in Vitamin B12 may occur at any stage of the year but is more likely to happen at the following times:
- When animals are under prolonged periods of stress due to adverse weather or when intake of feed is low or lacking nutritional value
- During stress from calving/lambing or transportation
- During growing periods of stock.
There are two strategic treatment times that supplementation with Vitamin B12 can optimise your production response.
- Before mating to help improve feed utilisation, especially when livestock are stressed from high production demands or adverse weather. Improved feed utilisation may lead to improved body condition and fertility.
- Before calving/lambing time when stock is under high stress. This will assist ewes and cows during the rigours of gestation and early lactation and supply a dietary source of Vitamin B12 to their young to meet their daily requirements and improve weight gains.
Why choose Cobalife VB12 Plus Selenium For Sheep And Cattle;
- Subcutaneous injection of Vitamin B12 and Selenium
- It contains Hydroxocobalamin, a longer-acting form of Vitamin B12 compared to Cyanocobalamin
- Treats and controls Vitamin B12 and Selenium deficiencies in sheep and cattle.
Pack Size: 500mL
Registrant: Elanco Australasia Pty Ltd (61465)