Cobalife VB12 For Sheep And Cattle
Active Ingredient: Hydroxocobalamin (Vitamin B12) @ 2g/L
Similar or comparable to Cobalex 2000 B12 Injection (Jurox)
Cobalife VB12 is for treating and controlling Vitamin B12 deficiency in sheep and cattle. Subcutaneous injection of Vitamin B12 is the preferred method of preventing and correcting Vitamin B12 deficiency in livestock. Cobalife VB12 For Sheep And Cattle contains Hydroxocobalamin, a longer-acting Vitamin B12 form compared to cyanocobalamin.
Cobalife VB12 For Sheep And Cattle should be administered only by subcutaneous injection high on the neck behind the ear.
What is the role of Vitamin B12 in Sheep and Cattle;
- Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin that acts as a coenzyme for various metabolic functions, including fat and carbohydrate metabolism and protein synthesis.
- It is vital for glucose production in ruminants which is essential to meet the high energy demands of growth and lactation.
- Cobalt is required by rumen microbes to synthesise Vitamin B12 – without a good source of Cobalt in pasture and grain, Vitamin B12 deficiency can result.
What causes Vitamin B12 Deficiency;
- Cobalt deficiency in soil and rations.
- Weathering, leaching or intensive cropping.
- Lush, rapidly growing pastures.
- High superphosphate application.
- Stress from lambing, calving, and high growth stages.
Where is Cobalt deficiency likely to occur;
- Coastal calcareous sands.
- High rainfall granite soils.
- Higher pH soils (limestone country).
Which stock is most at risk of Vitamin B12 deficiency;
- Young growing stock.
- Lambs are more susceptible than calves.
What are the symptoms of Vitamin B12 deficiency;
- Poor appetite and growth rates
- Ill thrift, lethargy and death
- Watery discharge from the eyes
- Reduced resistance to parasite infection and disease
- Reduced wool and milk production
- Lower fertility
Why choose Cobalife VB12 For Sheep And Cattle;
- Subcutaneous injection of Vitamin B12.
- Treats both sheep and cattle.
- It contains Hydroxocobalamin, a longer-acting form of Vitamin B12 compared to Cyanocobalamin.
- For the treatment and control of Vitamin B12 deficiency in sheep and cattle.
- Cost-effective – Treats more lambs per pack compared to other Vitamin B12 injections on the market. (1000 lambs vs 500 lambs.)
- It supports animals during times of stress for optimal growth rates and production.
Cobalife VB12 For Sheep And Cattle Pack Size: 500mL
Registrant: Elanco Australasia Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 61466)