HydroForce Extend – Residual Soil Surfactant
Active Ingredients: Proprietary Formulation of Non-Ionic Surfactants 100%
HydroForce Extend is a 100% non-ionic, residual surfactant formulation for long-term prevention of localised dry spot (LDS) occurrence. HydroForce Extend is unmatched in its residual performance capabilities in sandy and finer textured soil profiles. Extend also has excellent warm and cool-season turf safety characteristics and can be used in all forms of turf management where residual properties are required.
The molecule in Extend is an EO/PO block co-polymer, a non-ionic surfactant containing ethylene oxide and propylene oxide units. EO/PO block co-polymers allow for efficient wetting because the water-hating end (hydrophobic end) of the surfactant attaches itself to the water-repellent sand or soil particle by physical adsorption, providing an anchor that allows the more water-soluble (hydrophilic) end to extend into pore space and absorb water onto the soil’s surface.
Where is HydroForce Extend suited for use;
- Turf areas, including lawns, parks and gardens.
- Ornamental garden beds & landscaped areas.
- Horticulture (general use), including around trees and plants.
- Golf Courses (greens & tees, fairways & roughs).
- Stressed areas & chronic localised dry spots (LDS).
- Sportsfields and playing ovals.
- Sandy and fine-textured soil profiles.
The Chemical structure of HydroForce includes a large, heavy molecular weighted surfactant molecule, which gives Extend its residual performance characteristics. Microbial decomposition takes several months due to the complexity of its molecular structure and mass. Trials indicate that HydroForce Extend had improved performance over untreated controls at all assessment dates over a six-month evaluation period.
Why choose HydroForce Extend;
- Highest quality, 100% Block Co-Polymer Surfactant Formulation.
- Excellent residual performance.
- A non-burn formulation with minimal interaction with the plant’s cuticle.
- Preventative water repellency treatment.
- Curative localised dry spot treatment.
- Long-term residual control of localised dry spots.
- A 100% concentration of surfactant that maximises molecule output and performance.
- Reduces irrigation requirements by increasing the rate and depth of water penetration.
- HydroForce Extend reduces turf wilt.
- Promotes turf uniformity.
- Promotes rapid recovery of stressed turf.
- Rate flexibility is dependent upon the intensity of use.
- Manufactured and developed in Australia for the harshest of climatic conditions.
Pack Sizes: 20L, 200L & 1000L
Hydroforce Extend Manufacturer: Indigo Specialty Products