ProForce Duke Herbicide
Active Ingredient: Iodosulfuron-Methyl-Sodium @ 100g/kg
Similar or comparable to Destiny Selective Turf Herbicide (Bayer).
ProForce Duke Herbicide is for the post-emergent control of certain broadleaf weeds and grasses in turf and for the suppression of Winter grass and Bahia grass.
What turf situations can ProForce Duke Herbicide be used in;
- Buffalo Grass
- Couch Grass – Common
- Couch Grass – Hybrid
- Nb – Do not apply to Queensland Blue Couch.
What weeds does ProForce Duke Herbicide target;
- Bahia Grass (Paspalum notatum) – Suppression and seed head reduction.
- Bindii, Onehunga, Bindi Weed or Bindi-Eye. (Saliva sessilis)
- Black thistle (Cirsium vulgare)
- Cat’s ear (Hypochoeris radicata)
- Cotula (Cotula australis)
- Cudweed (Gnaphalium sp.)
- False onion weed/ fragrant false garlic/ onion weed (Nothoscordum gracile, fragrans or borbonicum)
- Guildford Grass (Onion Grass) (Romulea rosea)
- Medic (Medicago spp.)
- Mouse-ear chickweed (Cerastium vulgatum)
- Oxalis (Oxalis corniculata)
- Ryegrass (Lolium perenne)
- White Clover (Trifolium repens)
- Winter grass (Poa annua) – Suppression
Why choose Proforce Duke Herbicide;
- It contains the active ingredient Iodosulfuron-Methyl-Sodium.
- Provides control of hard-to-kill weeds.
- High level of safety on Couch, Kikuyu and most Buffalo varieties.
- A broad spectrum of weed control – Single pass solution.
- Low application rates and low active ingredient output.
- Provides suppression of difficult-to-control grass weeds in Wintergrass and Bahiagrass.
- Low odour, non-phenoxy mix. Good option from resistance management, rotational perspective for broadleaf weeds.
- Multiple pack sizes (200g and 500g) to fit most application situations.
- Manufactured in Australia.
Iodosulfuron methyl, the active ingredient in ProForce Duke Herbicide, belongs to the Sulfonylurea chemistry class and is a group B herbicide. As with other herbicides of the sulfonylurea herbicides, the primary biochemical target site of iodosulfuron methyl sodium is the enzyme acetolactate synthase (ALS). ALS is a key enzyme in the production of branched-chain amino acids, critical for protein synthesis and normal plant growth.
The visible symptoms of herbicidal action are arrested growth within the first few days after application and the appearance of chlorotic patches, followed by slow shoot necrosis. Susceptible plants stop growth almost immediately after post-emergence application. Plants will be completely killed 4 to 6 weeks after application under good growing conditions.
Pack Sizes: 100gm & 500gm. The 100gm pack is supplied with a 1-gram measure scoop.
ProForce Duke Herbicide Registrant: Farmalinx Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 88829)