Neovemox Pour-On For Cattle
Active Ingredient: Moxidectin @ 5g/L
Neovemox Pour-on for Cattle is for treating and controlling moxidectin-sensitive internal and external parasites of cattle. Neovemox Pour-on for Cattle contains Moxidectin, a second-generation macrocyclic lactone endectocide. It is effective against parasites sensitive to this family.
Moxidectin works by binding to glutamate-gated chloride channels in the nerve and muscle cells of parasites. This causes hyperpolarisation of the cells, leading to paralysis and death of the parasite. Moxidectin is highly effective against parasites and has a long duration of action. It is also relatively safe for cattle, with few side effects.
- Moxidectin is a highly effective antiparasitic drug. It has a broad spectrum of activity against a variety of parasites, including roundworms, tapeworms, lungworms, mange mites, lice, and ticks.
- Moxidectin has a long duration of action. A single treatment can protect against parasites for several weeks.
- Moxidectin is relatively safe for cattle. It has few side effects, and it is well-tolerated by most animals.
- Moxidectin is easy to administer.
What parasite does Neovemox Pour-On control in Cattle
Neovemox Pour-on for Cattle is effective in the treatment and control of the following parasites affecting cattle:
Gastrointestinal (adult and larval (L4) nematodes)
- Haemonchus placei
- Ostertagia ostertagi ((O. lyrata), small brown stomach worm including inhibited larvae)
- Trichostrongylus axei (stomach hairworm)
- Trichostrongylus colubriformis (black scour worm)
- Trichostrongylus longispicularis
- Cooperia oncophora ( C. surnabada /C. mcmasteri) (small intestinal worm)
- Cooperia punctata
- Cooperia pectinate
- Cooperia spatulata*
- Nematodirus helvetianus
- Bunostomum phlebotomum (hookworm)
- Oesophagostomum radiatum (nodule worm)
- Trichuris spp.
- Dictyocaulus viviparus
- Rhipicephalus (Boophilus) microplus
- Linognathus vituli
- Haemotopinus eurysternus
- Solenopotes capillatus
- Bovicola bovis
- Chorioptes bovis
- Haematobia irritans exigua
Neovemox Pour-on for Cattle is effective in the treatment and aid in the control of Buffalo fly (Haematobia irritans exigua)
What is the persistent activity of Neovemox Pour-On control in Cattle
At the recommended dose rate, Neovemox Pour-on for Cattle prevents reinfection with the following parasite species:
- Ostertagia ostertagi (O. lyrata)(including inhibited stages) – 42 days
- Haemonchus placei – 28 days
- Trichostrongylus axei – 28 days
- Dictyocaulus viviparus – 42 days
- Oesophagostomum radiatum – 42 days
- Bunostomum phlebotomum – 42 days
- Nematodirus helvetianus – 21 days
Cattle Tick (Boophilus microplus) Control
Neovemox Pour-on for Cattle and Red Deer is effective for the treatment and control of cattle ticks on cattle, including strains resistant to organophosphates, synthetic pyrethroids and amidines. The persistent activity of Neovemox prevents the development of viable cattle ticks (Boophilus microplus) for 21 days after treatment. Some engorged females continue to drop for up to three days after the first treatment, and these may lay some viable eggs.
Buffalo Fly (Haematobia irritans exigua) Control
The persistent activity of Neovemox Pour-on for Cattle and Red Deer can be used as an aid in the control of buffalo fly (Haematobia irritans exigua) for up to 14 days after treatment.
Pack Sizes: 5-Litre & 20-Litre
Registrant: Neove Pharma Australia Pty Limited (APVMA #: 85314)