Alodex Fly Larvicide
Active Ingredient: Cyromazine @ 20g/kg
Similar or comparable to Hokoex Fly Larvicide (Hokochemie GMBH)
Alodex Fly Larvicide is a water-soluble granule insect growth regulator (IGR) for controlling nuisance fly larvae in animal housing and feedlots. Alodex provides up to six weeks of residual activity. It has a quick action which allows for long treatment intervals and does not damage beneficial organisms.
Alodex affects the moulting process of fly larvae. It does not kill adult flies; hence, the elimination of the adult fly population is gradual.
Alodex Fly Larvicide contains Cyromazine at 20gm per kg active ingredient. Cyromazine is an effective fly larvicide because it disrupts the moulting process of fly larvae. Moulting is how fly larvae shed their exoskeletons as they grow and develop. Cyromazine prevents fly larvae from moulting successfully, which causes them to die. Cyromazine is a growth regulator that interferes with fly larvae’s normal growth and development.
Where is Alodex Fly Larvicide suited to be used;
- Cattle Feedlots
- Horse Stables
- Poultry Farms
- Cattle On Mesh Floors
What species of Diptera (Flies) is Alodex Fly Larvicide is effective against:
- Musca domestica (house fly)
- Musca vetustissima (Australian bushfly)
- Fannia canicularis (lesser house fly)
- Stomoxys calcitrans (stable fly)
- Muscina stabulans (false stable fly)
How can Alodex Fly Larvicide be applied;
- Scattering dry granules
- Watering can
Why is Alodex Fly Larvicide a good control option in animal housing and feedlot situations:
Fly larvae can develop rapidly in warm, moist environments. Animal housing and feedlots often provide ideal conditions for fly larvae to thrive. This can lead to large populations of flies, which can be a nuisance to animals and humans. The benefits of using a fly larvicide in animal housing and feedlot situations include;
- Reduced fly populations: Fly larvicides kill fly larvae before they can develop into adult flies. This can help to reduce fly populations in animal housing and feedlots significantly.
- Reduced risk of disease transmission: Fly larvae can carry a variety of diseases that can be transmitted to animals and humans. By killing fly larvae, fly larvicides can help to reduce the risk of disease transmission.
- Improved animal health and performance: Fly larvae can damage animal feed and contaminate animal products. By controlling fly populations, fly larvicides can help to improve animal health and performance.
- Reduced costs: Fly larvae can cause significant economic losses to animal producers. By controlling fly populations, fly larvicides can help to reduce these losses.
Alodex Fly Larvicide Pack Size: 5kg (Water Soluble Granules)
Registrant: Agrocare Pty Ltd (APVMA #70444)