Tekko Pro Insect Growth Regulator (IGR)
Active Ingredients: Pyriproxyfen @ 12g/L & Novaluron @ 12g/L
Tekko Pro is a dual active insect growth regulator (IGR) that provides long-lasting pest control of Cockroaches and Fleas.
Tekko Pro Insect Growth Regulator contains 2 insect growth regulators with different modes of action.
- Novaluron is classified as an insect growth regulator (IGR), specifically a chitin synthesis inhibitor designed to interrupt normal moulting of insects through the inhibition of chitin synthesis during the larval and pupal moults.
- Pyriproxyfen is also classified as an IGR, specifically, a juvenile hormone analogue designed to mimic natural concentrations of juvenile hormones in insects, effectively preventing them from moulting to advanced life stages.
This gradually reduces the population of insects over several weeks due to eliminating their ability to reproduce. Where a quick action is required and where high numbers of adult cockroaches are found, the use of a knockdown product as a tank mix with Tekko Pro is recommended.
Where can Tekko Pro Insect Growth Regulator be used;
- Domestic, commercial, industrial and public buildings: – including food processing establishments
- Private houses and external areas associated with such establishments
What pests will Tekko Pro Insect Growth Regulator control;
- Brown Banded Cockroach (Supella longipalpa)
- Flea – Larvae (ctenocephalides Spp.)
- German Cockroach (Blattella germanica)
Why use Tekko Pro;
- Low hazard – insect-specific
- Excellent safety/toxicological profile
- Targets developing insects
- A different chemical group from knockdown or residual sprays to help manage/reduce resistance risk
- Dual active ingredients to target fleas and cockroaches at their most vulnerable stages
- Long-lasting effect
- Boost residual sprays using Tekko as a tank mix.
Where to apply Tekko Pro
- For fleas – all areas where fleas breed such as carpet, rugs and especially pet bedding. The gaps between wooden floorboards may also harbour flea larvae and should be treated. Areas, where pets rest outdoors, should also be sprayed.
- For cockroaches – crack and crevice treatment of kitchens and other wet areas. Perimeter treatments of houses, usually best in a tank-mix.
Pack Size: 250-mL & 1-Litre
Registrant: ADAMA Australia Pty Limited (APVMA #: 87581)