Pyrate Natural Insecticide
Active Ingredients: Piperonyl Butoxide @ 160g/L & Pyrethrins @ 40g/L
Similar or comparable to Pyrethrum Insect Killer (Kendon)
Pyrate Natural Insecticide controls a wide range of insects, including insect pests in household and agricultural situations, both indoor and outdoor. Pyrate is a knockdown insecticide and suitable for repeat use and is ideal when low toxicity control is required.
Pyrate Natural Insecticide contains pyrethrum extracted from pyrethrum daisies. The natural extract is formulated with other synthetic constituents to optimize effectiveness. Pyrate Natural Insecticide is suitable for use in a variety of situations, including treating fruit and vegetable crops, homes, backyards, food processing establishments, shops, factories, hotels and motels, ships, shipping containers, offices, schools, storerooms, warehouses and hospitals.
What pests does Pyrate Natural Insecticide control;
Where can Pyrate Natural Insecticide be used;
|Areas External To House & Sheds||Mill And/or Food Processing Plants|
|Commercial Premises – General||Public Premises|
|Pest Control||Store Room & Warehouses|
|Hotel And/or Motels||On Ferns|
|House – General||Fruit Crops|
|Industrial And/or Domestic Premises||Indoor Plants|
|Animal Living Area Pest Control||Vegetables & Vegetable Crops|
|Milking Sheds||Outdoor Areas – General|
How is Pyrate Natural Insecticide applied
- Boom sprayers
- Misting equipment
- Thermal fogging equipment (Mini Gas Fogger MS-5000)
- Cold aerosol-generating ULV equipment
- Hand-held Sprayers
- Knapsack sprayers
What is the mixing rate for Pyrate Natural Insecticide;
- Fruit and Vegetable crops – 2mL per Litre of water
- Surface Spray – 170mL per 1.53 Litre water treats 100m2
- Thermal Fog – 70mL per 630mL water treats 1000m3
Pyrate Natural Insecticide contains Pyrethrins and Piperonyl Butoxide (PBO);
Pyrethrins are natural insecticides derived from chrysanthemum flowers. They are considered to be generally effective against a wide range of insects and have been used for many years in both agricultural and household settings. The benefits of pyrethrins include;
- Effectiveness: Pyrethrins are effective against various insect pests, including mosquitoes, flies, fleas, ticks, and moths. They have a quick knockdown effect, paralyzing insects upon contact.
- Low Toxicity to Humans and Pets: Pyrethrins have relatively low toxicity to humans and mammals when used as directed. However, some people may experience allergic reactions or respiratory irritation when exposed to high concentrations of pyrethrins.
- Biodegradable and Environmentally Friendly: Pyrethrins break down relatively quickly in the environment, reducing the risk of long-term accumulation. They are considered to be more environmentally friendly compared to many synthetic insecticides.
- Short Residual Activity: Pyrethrins have a short residual activity, meaning they break down rapidly after application. While this can be an advantage in terms of reduced environmental impact, it also means that their effectiveness diminishes quickly, requiring more frequent applications.
- Insect Resistance: Over time, insects can develop resistance to pyrethrins, especially when used repeatedly. To mitigate resistance development, it is advisable to rotate or combine pyrethrins with other insecticides or use them in conjunction with synergists like piperonyl butoxide (PBO).
- Target Specificity: Pyrethrins are broad-spectrum insecticides that can affect many insects, including beneficial ones such as bees and ladybugs. Care should be taken to minimize direct exposure to non-target organisms.
Piperonyl butoxide (PBO) is not an insecticide on its own but is commonly used as a synergist in combination with insecticides to enhance their effectiveness. PBO works by inhibiting enzymes in insects that can break down or metabolize the insecticide, allowing it to remain active for longer periods and increasing its potency. As a synergist, PBO can improve the efficacy of certain insecticides, especially pyrethroids and carbamates. Using PBO in conjunction with these insecticides can improve the overall effectiveness against a wide range of insects.
Pack Sizes: 250mL, 1L & 20L
Registrant: Freezone Public Health Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 88596)