|Host & Pest
|Beef Cattle & Dairy Cattle
- Not to be used on animals producing milk for human consumption or milk for processing when treatment is by backrubber application.
- Cattle should not be treated by overspray at intervals of less than 10 days.
- No more than 18 overspray treatments may be carried out in any one year.
- Remove backrubbers at the end of the buffalo fly season.
- Access to backrubbers should not be allowed for more than 40 weeks in any one year.
- Cattle should not be treated concurrently with, or within 10 days of treatment with other products containing organophosphates.
- Exiguard Buffalo Fly Insecticide is very dangerous, particularly the concentrate. The product label, including Safety Directions must be read prior opening the container and use.
- Product is very dangerous, particularly the concentrate.
- Poisonous if absorbed by skin contact, inhaled or swallowed.
- Will damage eyes.
- Will irritate the nose, throat and skin.
- Repeated exposure may cause allergic disorders.
- Repeated minor exposure may have cumulative poisoning effect.
- Avoid contact with the eyes or skin.
- Do not inhale vapour or spray mist.
- When opening the container, preparing the spray, or pouring large quantities, wear cotton overalls buttoned to the neck and wrists, a washable hat, PVC or rubber apron, elbow length nitrile gloves, goggles, impervious footwear and a half facepiece respirator.
- When using the prepared spray wear cotton overalls buttoned to the neck and wrist and a washable hat, PVC or rubber apron, elbow-length nitrile gloves, goggles and impervious footwear.
- If excessive splashing or contamination is likely, in addition wear protective waterproof clothing.
- If clothing becomes contaminated with product or spray remove clothing immediately.
- If product or spray on skin, immediately wash area with soap and water.
- If product or spray in eyes, wash it out immediately with water.
- After use and before eating, drinking, or smoking wash hands, arms and face thoroughly with soap and water.
- After each day’s use, wash gloves, goggles and contaminated clothing and respirator, and if rubber wash with detergent and warm water.
- All effort should be made to minimise your exposure to chlorfenvinphos, particularly the concentrate.
- Do not use this product if it is too hot to wear the recommended personal protective equipment.
- Store below 30°C (Room Temperature) in the closed original container, in a ventilated separate building or room away from children, animals, fodder and foodstuffs.
- Do not store for prolonged periods in direct sunlight.
First Aid Instructions:
- If swallowed, splashed on skin or in eyes, or inhaled, contact the Poisons Information Centre, phone Australia 13 11 26, or a doctor at once.
- Remove any contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly.
- If swallowed, activated charcoal may be advised. Give atropine if instructed.
- For further information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet (SDS).
Withholding Period Details (WHP):
- Meat: Nil.
- Milk: Nil.
- Not to be used for animals producing milk for human consumption or milk for processing when treatment is by back- rubber application.
Export Slaughter Interval (ESI):
- When used as a backrubber: Do not use less than 10 days before slaughter for export.
- When used as an overspray: 0 days