Dectomax V Injection for Cattle
Active Ingredients: Doramectin @ 5g/L & Levamisole Hydrochloride @ 150g/L
Dectomax V Injection for Cattle is an evolution from Dectomax, which has been trusted and used across Australia for over 20 years. Dectomax V combines the trusted performance of doramectin, from Dectomax, with the added strength of levamisole. Dectomax V provides a dual active killing power with unsurpassed efficacy against key parasites, including those often resistant to other drenches. Dectomax V is an injectable formulation to ensure your cattle get the right dose every time, helping them stay healthy and ahead of resistance.
Why choose Dectomax V Injection for Cattle;
- Contains the active ingredients Doramectin and Levamisole.
- New Dual Active Drench Technology – resistance breaking & slows down the cycle of resistance.
- High efficacy, broad-spectrum parasiticide (Overall mean efficacy (GM) of 99.8% across thirteen Zoetis field studies).
- Easy injectable administration for highly reliable dosing.
- Treats gastrointestinal worms, cattle tick, and sucking lice.
- Safe for use in pregnant animals.
- 28-day re-treatment interval.
- No long-term adverse effects on dung beetle populations.
- The only combination drench that prevents the development of viable ticks for 30 days.
- Treats and controls sucking lice for up to 56 days.
Dectomax V Injection for Cattle is ideal for producers that:
- Want the newest premium performance drench available in the Australian market to treat their cattle due to its outstanding efficacy against key gastrointestinal parasites and treating cattle ticks and sucking lice.
- Have resistance
- Have emerging resistance
- Want to stay ahead of resistance
Dectomax V Label claims;
For the treatment and control of adult and L4 larval stages of gastrointestinal worms including both ML and levamisole resistant strains:
- Small intestinal worm – Cooperia oncophora, Cooperia punctata, Cooperia pectinata, Cooperia surnabada
- Barber’s Pole worm – Haemonchus placei
- Brown stomach worm – Ostertagia ostertagi
- Stomach hair worm – Trichostrongylus axei, Trichostrongylus longispicularis (adults only)
- Nodule worm – Oesophagostomum radiatum (adults only)
- Thin-necked intestinal worm – Nematodirus helvetianus (adults only)
For the treatment and control of sucking Lice (Linognathus vituli, Solenopotes capillatus) for up to 56 days
For the treatment and control of cattle tick (Rhipicephalus (Boophilus) microplus) including SP, OP and amide resistant strains. Prevents the development of viable ticks for a period of 30 days
Situations of use for Dectomax V Injection for Cattle;
- Weaners & Young Cattle – Young cattle are rapidly growing and are yet to develop natural immunity against worms, hence the importance of using a highly efficacious dual active injectable drench. This will ensure a healthier animal and that they achieve target weight for joining or sale.
- A Quarantine / Induction Drench – so producers do not introduce resistant worms onto their properties.
- Adult Cattle – to protect the individual property resistance profile, to slow the development of resistance.
- Replacement Breeding Stock – for producers wanting to provide a premium efficacious drench to their cattle, including growing breeders and steers.
- Arrival At Backgrounding And Induction At The Feedlot – so you can be guaranteed to remove all performance-robbing worms (resistant and sensitive) and therefore to maximise daily weight gains.
Pack Sizes: 500mL & 3-Litre (Victory Pack 6 x 500mL + Metal Injector)
Registrant: Zoetis Australia Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 90001)